The safety of children is undoubtedly the number one priority of parents. It is always the safety and wellness of the kids that matter the most especially when it comes to the house. Kids stay in the house most of the time so it is very important to make it not only beautiful and happy but also safe for kids – toddlers and babies.
Once you got a house for your family, the appropriate and relevant question would be, how to make and keep it safe for the kids.
In this article, we will give you tips that will help you keep your beautiful home safe for your children.
- You should have a gate or fence – kids can be very playful and they love to run around, and what you do not want to happen is them running straight outside the house, straight into the streets where cars pass by day in and day out. So it is very important to have a fence or gate to keep the kids away from the street and the danger that comes in it. You should also keep the gate closed all the time and be sure that the kids cannot reach it to avoid them going out without adult supervision.
- Hide electric sockets – another common accident that happens in the house is with regards to being electrocuted. Kids are not only playful, they are very curious and inquisitive as well. They might get curious about electric sockets or use their toys to plug or put on the holes. That would be very dangerous so it is important to keep those sockets hidden. You can hide those behind appliances or furniture. You should also consider the use of safety covers.
- Put poisonous materials away – it is also advisable to put poisonous materials like chlorine, rat poison, detergent and other chemicals around the house where it cannot be seen by your kids. It would be very helpful to put labels on it too that says, do not touch or do not eat.
- Avoid having pointed edges in your furniture – you should also be concerned with rough edges in your furniture. You should avoid pointed edges and go for round ones especially in furniture like dining table, chairs, cabinets and others.
- Be extra careful with stairs – lastly, if your house has stairs, then be sure to have a fence or any protective shield that keep the children out. Stairs can be very dangerous for crawling babies or for toddlers who love to run around the house.
If you are currently house hunting for a family house with safe and friendly neighbourhood, there’s a community housing near Brisbane by Lendlease which is ideal for a family with kids. It’s necessary to live in a safe place and maintain a house that is child-proof. Aside from this, you as a parent should keep an eye on your children or have someone watch over them even though they are just playing. You do not know when an accident could happen so you must always watch them. No matter how you try to keep the house safe for kids, sometimes, unwanted things happen so it is very important to watch over them closely.