It’s every girl’s dream to have that perfect pair of skinny jeans fit her like a charm. But it’s equally important to eat every yummy of fries that comes across you. How to strike that balance of eating everything and rocking everything?
With these 5 exercises, you will look amazing in your jeans and also strengthen your core muscles which will improve your posture. Plus, they aren’t too hard to do. Take a look:
The hip thrusts workout is one of the best exercises for your lower back. This workout targets your glutes, abdominals, and back extensor muscles.
- To do this, lie on your back and bend your knees keeping feet flat on the floor. Your neck needs to be in a relaxed position and keep your arms at your sides.
- Raise your hips off the floor as high as they can go. Don’t raise your shoulders or feet off the exercise mat. Try to get a straight line from the knees to the shoulders.
- Hold for a few seconds and then lower your hips down. Try doing 12-15 thrusts in a row.
Known to be the single best exercise for the core, squats can help strengthen, shape, and tone your buttocks. When you squat, two of the most prominent glute muscles, gluteus medius, and gluteus maximus, are activated.
- Stand opposite a chair or bench, facing the other side.
- Lift your left leg straight in front of you, so all your weight is on the right leg.
- Squat downward on your right leg until your buttocks touch the chair or bench.
- Leaning forward and without touching your left foot to the ground, stand up by pressing through your right foot. To give yourself a counterweight, extend your arms as you are squatting down.
Lunges are one of the most effective exercises for the lower body, as per the American Council of Exercise. They work your quadriceps and glutes while engaging your hamstrings at the same time.
- For this exercise, you have to stand with hands on the sides and feet almost shoulder-width apart from one another.
- Take a large step backward (with your left leg,) as far as you can go. Keep your shoulders straight.
- Bend both of your knees until the front of your thigh is parallel to the floor and the back knee is nearly touching the floor.
- Return to the original standing position and repeat. There are several lunges variations to choose from, so try them all!
Side Plank Leg Lifts
This exercise activates both your gluteus medius and your oblique muscles.
- Lie down on your left side with your legs extended and your elbow beneath your shoulder.
- Keeping your forearm firmly placed on the exercise mat, raise your left hip in the air until it is in line with your spine.
- Lift your right leg away from the body, without bending your pelvis. Hold this position for 2-3 seconds before relaxing.
This exercise will help lift your bums, literally, by using suspension straps to work your buttocks.
- Lie down with your arms by your sides.
- Pressing through your butt, lift your lower back a few inches off a floor. Pull the heels of your feet toward your buttocks to lift your hips.
With all these fantastic exercises, you will soon have a butt that will look amazing in jeans. So what are you waiting for? Grab those gym clothes and get started.