Accra Ghana. The food, the music, the sense of belonging. Oh and the heat.
- As a child, what did you want to be when you grew up?
An MTV VJ
- Tell us about your latest book.
Forsaken Protector is a continuation of the Protectors Series.
The enemy of her enemy is her friend.
Almost one year after escaping Gentech Facilities, Symone Jackson lives in the shadows with her nightmares. Thanks to horrible genetics experiments at the hand of Peter Reeser, her mere touch is lethal. It may be safer to stay in the darkness, but despite the monster she has become, she wants to be the hero…and only one man can help her.
Garrett Hunter thought he was one of the good guys, but on routine surveillance of a suspected terrorist, he discovers the awful truth…he’s not the only super human around. When Peter Reeser gave him the opportunity to beat a debilitating illness he jumped at the chance. But his decision to save the enemy—Symone Jackson—will endanger the only family he has.
The way to salvation is with Garrett’s help. Can Symone overcome her mistrust and stop living in the shadows? Or will her nightmares become reality?
- Do you have anything new in the works and can you tell us a bit about it?
Sure thing. I’m working on the continuations to both my series. Right now it’s Sultry in Stilettos and right after that, I’m working on Wounded Protector.
- Is there anything you find particularly challenging about writing?
Besides bleeding out on the keyboard and pouring out my heart? Not a thing.
- What advice would you give to writers just starting out?
Write. You can’t market what you don’t have. So don’t worry about your FB presence. Write a really good book.
Contrary to belief, I am in fact human so of course I suffer writer’s block. BITCHOK (But in Chair, Hands on Keyboard.) Writer’s block or not, I’m going to put down some words. I can make edits later. Usually I can power through.
- Who is your favorite author and why?
You can’t make me choose! Too many to count.
- What books have most influenced your life?
Mark Matherbane’s Kaffir Boy, To Kill a Mockingbird, Bridget Jones’s Diary, The Bluest Eye.
- How did you deal with rejection letters?
That’s easy, burn them.
- What tools do you feel are must-haves for writers? Internet access, lots of imagination, and an endless supply of mojitos.
- Where do you as an author draw the line on gory descriptions and/or erotic content? What line? Hahaaha. I don’t really do a lot of gore, But my books do trot the line between really really hot and erotica
- What’s the weirdest thing you’ve ever done in the name of research?
- Hahahah. I recently took a strip tease class
- Don’t forget to give us links to your website etc.